Hardman & Company

Title

Hardman & Company

Description

Nineteenth-century British ecclesiastical decorating firm founded in Birmingham in 1838 by John Hardman (1767 - 1844). The firm worked closely with A.W.N. Pugin (1812 - 52) and began manufacturing stained glass in 1844. It went on to become one of the world's leading manufacturers of stained glass and ecclesiastical fittings. Examples of their work in Ireland may be seen Roman Catholic and Church of Ireland buildings throughout the country.

Collection Items

Church of the Holy Cross, Charleville, County Cork, Ireland
Photograph by Caroline McGee.
Detail of the east end chancel window in the Roman Catholic parish church, Charleville, Co. Cork - the Church of the Holy Cross. The 3-light trefoil-headed window with trefoil tracery contains stained glass designed and…
View item